Well, how i can help?
Glad you asked. ;)
WELCOME TO Em–DASH
ONE ON ONE CONSULTING
A little bit of a deeper dig than the Beta Reading services but not deep enough to cost you a fortune in developmental editing cost.
Let's talk. We need to talk :)
BETA READING SERVICES
Manuscript is done, characters are actualized, your setting is a character all on it's own and your plot moves like a oiled up baby seal on a water slid.
You've GOT this...
Almost. That's fine! Let me, another author who UNDERSTANDS, beta your work!
AX AND HAMMER
You'll need tools. These are tools!
I am Jade brieanne...literally.
I am…Jade Brieanne.
Let’s start over. Hi, I’m Jade Brieanne and I am very happy to meet you. I am. I like people. You seem cute, too.
I do a lot. I write, I write, and I write. I also do graphic design, social media community managing, content creation, videography, photography, branding…I’m really like a goody bag of nice tricks.
Being stuck in a 9-5 and trying to do all of these things just…isn’t possible. I’m working on that.
In the meantime, I’m going to do as many of these things as possible–because that’s where my passion is, that’s where my love is, that’s what I’ve been put on this earth to do. And maybe, just maybe, I can help you out, too. (or you can help ME out because I’m really receptacle to good advice!)
A lot of times we find ourselves stuck in really weird places forgetting what we did (out of sheer desperation and self-preservation) to shimmy our way down into there in the first place.
We all have talents, and those talents can take us places (oh my god cliché time! What’s your favorite one?)
I want to go places. I AM going to go places. Hell, let’s ALL go places. (Literally, I haven’t traveled in like four months)
Things about me
- I write a lot of fanfiction: When people say things influence their lives, falling in love with anime and science fiction and fantasy at a very early age influenced mine. I’ve been writing since I was 8, and discovered fanfiction at the tender age of 11. Which means I’ve been writing for over twenty six years–HOLY CRAP! A lot of my stories start off as fanfiction–because I have the absolutely MOST AWESOME fans–and if they love it, it’s probably going to print.
- I’m socially conscious. If I do something that is toxic or harmful, ableist, derogatory, any of the “ism”, check me on it. We can talk. I love talking about how we all can improve as humans.
- I am the oldest of four, which makes me kind of bossy but not like, obnoxiously bossy, just “I’m the leader” bossy. It usually works out.
- One of my favorite pastimes (besides working out daily and trying to eat healthy…trying) is learning K-Pop chorography. Since America has ABANDONED boy and girl bands and multiple counts of 8 counts of choreography for flashy two stepping on yachts, I had to find my addiction elsewhere. I found it in Seoul and I’m never leaving.
- I crawled backwards as a baby OKAY I THINK WE ARE DONE HERE WITH THE RANDOM FACTS.
Q: How did you get started with graphic design?
A: When I was a teenager, personal websites were becoming a thing. Geocities was poppin’ and everyone was developing their own website. For absolutely NO freaking reason. This was pre-blog. This was pre-myspace, and probably pre-blackplanet. Young kids were just coding their hearts away for the hell of it. I was so intrigued that I did my own (it was cotton candy pink Lil Kim theme with frames (if anybody remembers frames) that had a scroller and a link to my Sailor Moon/ Anime newsletter. Strange. But fun. It just grew from there. When you teach yourself something, it becomes an organic skill that never leaves you.
Q: I know you in real life…who is Jade Brieanne?
A: Jade Brieanne is a hybrid. I’m not going to say she is an alter-ego or anything like that. She is literally me and I am she. I began using the name Jade in 2002 when my then boyfriend at the time decided to battle rap. He had a nickname. I didn’t so spontaneously, I made one up. It was Jade Kinkaid (because it rhymed…DUH). The Kinkaid part was dropped when I joined the #IC (a hip hop forum. And it stuck. Hard. I don’t think some of my friends know my real name. Moving on, when my mom had me, she named me Ashley. Somewhere in her head, she MEANT to name me Brieanne. So, she has been calling me Brieanne ever since I could remember. Put it all together, Jade Brieanne. Pow.
Q: Why did you decide to write?
A: I don’t know. It’s fun? Honestly, it’s just something I do. I have ideas in my head and they need to get out. It’s weird. Growing up, I would see things and go “I would do it this way,” and then write my own story. Mainly because I wanted to be represented IN those stories. It started young with a story about a house eating robot and ME, the star. Things kind of take-off from there. There hasn’t been a time in my life where I WASN’T writing. I’m going to write until I die.
A:Okay, LOOK. No, you know what? Here are 5 songs. If you don’t like them, if you didn’t tap your foot not ONCE, if you didn’t go “daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, he sanging!” just once, then I won’t bring it up every again. IF YOU DID, THO…
1. SHINee - Symptoms 2. SHINHWA - SuperPower 3. f(x) - Rainbow 4. Big Bang - Bad Boy 5.BizzyTigerYoonMiRae - MFBTY
Ready to hit me up? Awesome! Go ahead and drop me a note!
WAIT! Before you do...have you checked out the FAQ above? They might answer some questions you have already! (I love saving people time!). If not, or you just want to, I don't know, talk, well fill out this form, let me know what's up with ya, and I'll get in touch!